RE : Re: Linux Magazin Germany, affecting Debian's image?!

--- Alexander Schmehl <tolimar@debian.org> a écrit :
> Been there, done that.  That's the DVD we created for this years CeBIT

Who "we"? Is this officially backed by the Debian Project?

> IIRC we left the original sarge packages on the DVD;
> the backports are optional.

The advertisment doesn't say that. It says: "Sarge, with the latest bla-bla:
X.org, FF1.5, etc".

This is a major communication problem then. People will imagine that _this_
is Sarge. And this is not Sarge!

Couldn't at least be labeled "Sarge CeBIT 2006 Edition"? Some other distros
(Knoppix, for one, I guess) take proper care to not mismatch
releases/editions.

I'm terribly sorry to say, but I'm disappointed by the unprofessional
approach. Or, take it the other way around: if unofficial backports can be
seen as official, how comes we can't download the "updated CeBIT 2006
edition" DVD?

This is both frustrating and confusing for the image of the Debian.

This is rather a very, very bad day for me. I believed in the seriousness of
the Debian Project, and now I see there is a certain lack of coherence in all
this.

Sincerely,
Béranger
(*not* a DD)