Re: Linux Magazin Germany, affecting Debian's image?!

On 10717 March 1977, Radu-Cristian FOTESCU wrote:

> I am merely a Debian user, yet I feel frustrated by the way these guys
> are making whatever they want with Sarge, and don't bother to change
> the name to (say) "Linux Magazin Special Sarge Edition" or something.

That was done by me for Cebit, like we did for some other years already.

> If "their Sarge" (X.org, FF1.5, etc.) is unstable, whose reputation
> will be broken eh?

-legal is the wrong list for this, there is no legal issue behind that.

If you have a special problem feel free to contact me offlist, or use
debian-project@lists.debian.org, that fits better.

And for the other readers here:
Thats a DVD for a event, that happened to also get a magazine
attached. We had them to give away for free at the Debian booth at this
years Cebit (and took some to DebConf), and had a only very slightly
modified image at this years LinuxTag. Its basically a sarge with
changed kernel, a few backports and a preseeded d-i that boots on
multiple architectures.

--
bye Joerg
<Zugschlus> Sven Luther hat doch eine schwere Wahrnehmungsstörung, oder?