Re: RE : Re: RE : Re: Linux Magazin Germany, affecting Debian's image?!

* Radu-Cristian FOTESCU (beranger5ca@yahoo.ca) [060717 10:26]:
> --- Frank Küster <frank@debian.org> a écrit :
> > No, it isn't labelled "sarge".
>
> As I can see from the _pictures_ (magazine cover + DVD), it's labeled "Debian
> Sarge" very prominently.

Well, the print on the cover is not optimal, but I'm not as much
concerned as you are. It should be quite easy to get that fixed next
time (especially as German DDs are in contact with them anyways).

Actually, I'm a bit concerned about this thread. What happened:
- Some German magazine promotes extended Debian DVDs, and gave quite many
  DVDs to Debian for free
- The DVDs have in addition to the regular packages also (in a seperate
  location) backported packages
- There is actual no bug report about these DVD
- There is much effort involved in creating such a DVD; however, instead
  of being happy with the amount this magazine spend on Debian, people
  are unhappy because the word "Special" is not written on the DVD, but
  just in the headline, in the text etc.

Does that sound like a wrong thing only to me? I'm quite happy if we
identify what could work better next time. Something that makes every
thread nicer and more helpful is if people also say what worked well.
The DVD worked well. Handing out DVDs to Debian also. The headline also.
Just not the print on the DVDs itself, which was not meant bad and can
be fixed in future. And now, please let's get back to work on etch.

Cheers,
Andi
--
  http://home.arcor.de/andreas-barth/