Re: Creative Commons Attribution Share-Alike license status

Adriaan Peeters <apeeters@lashout.net>
> I found a few references in the archives regarding cc-by-sa, but the
> comments on [1] seem to be outdated, can/will this page be updated with
> comments on the 2.5 version of the licenses?

Most of the comments on [1] still apply. Only the author-purge has changed.
There seems little point revising [1] with 3.0 supposedly so near.

> Since some of the debian-legal people are in contact with CC [2], do you
> have any idea of a timeframe in which the cc-by and cc-by-sa licenses
> will be DFSG-free?

'during the first quarter of 2006' was the last date I can find.
I just commented on a redraft of one of the clauses, so CC are
still working on it.

> Am I correct that I currently cannot upload anything that is licensed
> cc-by-sa-2.5?

You should not upload anything that is cc-by-sa-2.5

--
MJR/slef