Re: Common Creative Deeds 2.5

linuxmaniac@torreviejawireless.org wrote:
> I´m trying to create a package [0] that has been licensed by Common Creative
Deeds
> 2.5 [1]. Would you be as kind as to tell me if this license is compatible
with DFSG?
For reference, you are referring specifically to the *Spanish* version of the
BY-SA license.

I can't read Spanish, so I can't be sure.  The localized licenses often differ
from the English-language licenses.  Any Spanish speakers care to comment?

The original English US version CC-BY-SA 2.5 license is not considered
DFSG-free.  This is due to small technical writing errors; we are quite sure
that it is intended to be DFSG-free.  We have been in discussions with
Creative Commons, and the 3.0 version of the license should be DFSG-free.
It is likely that the Spanish license is in the same situation.

The *Scotland* CC-BY-SA 2.5 license *is* DFSG-free, and is frankly a very well
written license with really good model clauses.  (So is the Scotland CC-BY
license.)