Re: CC's responses to v3draft comments

Evan Prodromou [Tue Sep 26, 2006 at 08:03:28AM -0400]:
> Most importantly, who cares? Whether or not there's a conspiracy, the
> same task is needed: to make the case to the public, on cc-licenses and
> elsewhere, that rigid anti-DRM clauses inhibit freedom and and that
> parallel distribution at a minimum is needed for users and for
> developers. There is a strong emotional knee-jerk reaction against
> parallel distribution, since it "allows DRM". It takes some work to
> overcome that reaction.

One thing that I am getting from Mia's argument is that CC is having
difficulty actually identifying people who would benefit from a parallel
distribution clause. She has stated that she is not aware of a
substantial segment of developers who would incorporate CC-licensed
material into products which require DRM (e.g., free software console
game developers).

Can we get some examples, or at least a plausible use case which we can
put forward to CC? If we keep talking about hypotheticals, I think we're
less likely to be heard.

nic.

---
Nic Suzor