Re: CC's responses to v3draft comments

Francesco Poli <frx@firenze.linux.it>
> Did anyone read Creative Commons response to comments on CC-v3 draft(s)?
>
> A PDF file was sent to the cc-licenses mailing list and can be found
> here:
> http://lists.ibiblio.org/pipermail/cc-licenses/2006-September/004027.html

I have not yet read them.  I have limited capacity just now in both the
kbps and the man-hours, and Creative Commons actively makes it hard for
me to work with them, by such things as embedding textual replies in PDFs.
(At least they don't set the copy-obstruction flag like some gov.uk...)

[...]
> The response is:
> | There is no record of the reasons other than the reasons stated in my
> | blog post of August 9, 2006
> | (http://creativecommons.org/weblog/entry/6017).
>
> Mmmmh, another non-answer?  :-(

Indeed.  I can't see how I can discuss things with Creative Commons when
their official line is that they've decided I'm wrong for reasons they
won't tell me.  Classic Star Chamber politics.

Thank you for the summary,
--
MJR/slef