Re: CC's responses to v3draft comments

On Mon, 2006-25-09 at 09:47 +0100, MJ Ray wrote:
> Indeed.  I can't see how I can discuss things with Creative Commons when
> their official line is that they've decided I'm wrong for reasons they
> won't tell me.  Classic Star Chamber politics.

We have no documentation on how parallel distribution is absolutely
necessary to satisfy the DFSG, nor do we have much of a mechanism short
of a GR to determine if this is the consensus of Debian as a whole.
Fixating on the mechanics of CC's decision about parallel distribution
has done little good, and demonizing Creative Commons over it has done
less.

You may feel that if you can denigrate CC enough, you've excused
yourself for failing at the job that Debian developers and users have
asked you to do and that you have accepted. I hope not, since it's
sloppy reasoning and it's unbecoming of you. I'd be disappointed if
someone with as fine a mind as yours gave up so easily and comforted
himself with name-calling.

~Evan

--
Evan Prodromou <evan@debian.org>