[Fwd: Re: Problem with license of msv-xsdlib]

Hi,

our package msv-xsdlib [1] has been refused even from non-free due to
license issues. Hence I've contacted the upstream developer (from Sun) and
got the answer below.

As I understand from different discussions that the CDDL license in
critical in regard to "freeness", I have some questions:
1. will a CDDL license allow us to put the package at least into non-free?
2. will a CDDL license allow us to put the package into main/contrib?
3. if answers to 1 and 2 are negative, any idea what might be an alternative?

Background of question 3 is that someone on the list might have an idea
which other license could be acceptable to Sun (and I might suggest it to
the developer).

Any other inputs/recommendations are of course welcome in these difficult
times!

Thanks a lot,
Eric