Re: Against DRM 2.0

Andrew Donnellan <ajdlinux@gmail.com>
> Max, did you know that Debian requires *everything*, not just
> software, to be DFSG-free? [...]

Debian distributes only software, not hardware or hardcopy.

Of course, this "what is software" debate is exactly why the
DFSG were changed to say work not software, as there are
attempts to set software === programs.

I think that DRM-inhibiting licences are possible, but the
one quoted earlier in this thread isn't one.  It forbids
far too much.

Also, I know there are lawyers reading -legal (and you can't
blame them for not replying to threads like this), I'm not
really interested in law (it's a necessary evil for me) and
the list code of conduct asks everyone not to send html email.

Hope that explains,
--
MJR/slef