Re: Against DRM 2.0

The license does not treat software: you cannot value the license on the basis of Debian Free Software Guidelines. ;-)

However, where can I read that Debian requires *everything*, not just
software, to be DFSG-free??

A link, please.

Andrew Donnellan <ajdlinux@gmail.com> wrote:
Fine remark, but...

Max, did you know that Debian requires *everything*, not just
software, to be DFSG-free? Not that it's particularly relevant since
there isn't a huge amount under the Against DRM license, but...

On 5/20/06, Max Brown wrote:
> Very fine dissertation but...
> Evan, do you know that "Against DRM 2.0" does not treat software?? :-)
> And why you don't speak about related rights?
> unnecessary license... mmmm :-)
> Max
> Evan Prodromou wrote:
> There are many platforms that _require_ DRM -- notably Sony game
> consoles and some palmtop computers. The "Against DRM" license (which
> might win the contest for the license with the clumsiest name ever)
> would prevent me from porting any software to those platforms -- even if
> I made clear-text, modifiable and/or source versions available.
> How low will we go? Check out Yahoo! Messenger's low PC-to-Phone call rates.

Andrew Donnellan
Jabber - ajdlinux@jabber.org.au
Member of Linux Australia - http://linux.org.au
Debian user - http://debian.org