Re: Sun responds to questions on the DLJ

On Fri, May 19, 2006 at 08:09:18PM -0500, Tom Marble wrote:
> All:
>
> Let me start by repeating the message that Simon and I gave
> to you at Debconf: there is every reason for us to be friends
> and working with you is very important for Sun.

<big snippage of much good explanation and technical stuff>
Thank you very much indeed for all your hard work - you may just have
helped me install mission-critical machines at work much more
straightforwardly :) Lots of changes happening to Java licensing, obviously,
some announced, some in progress. Your personal contributions and those of
wider Sun much appreciated here :)

> And, as I am sure you know, Rich Green has announced a very interesting
> Open Source future for Java.  Simon, I (and many others) are going to work
> very hard on that internally so that soon you will be able consider
> Java for "main".
>
> Respectfully,
>
> --Tom

Thanks - your assistance may finally kill off lots of flamewars and
arguments throughout the 'Net :)

Andy