Re: A new practical problem with invariant sections?

On Tue, Feb 14, 2006 at 02:47:02AM -0500, Glenn Maynard wrote:
> > Seeing as that is a void condition which is totally unenforceable[1], the
> > license is just the same as if the condition were inexistent, so yeah,
> > it's as good as free.
>
> Do you just want to nitpick and distract from what little conversation there
> is here?  Do you have a response to his actual point (that "convenience"
> arguments are a weak attempt to ignore non-free restrictions, which can be
> applied to almost anything)?

If that was his point, he picked a very bad example.  His exmaple license
would fail on discrimination before convenience even became a factor.

As far as the "convenience arguments", as I pointed out earlier, the
differences between freedom and convenience are quite clearly delineated in
the dictionary, and attempts to conflate the two do not make for compelling
arguments.

--Adam
--
Adam McKenna  <adam@debian.org>  <adam@flounder.net>