Re: Affero General Public License

Mark Rafn wrote:
My first suggestion would be to try to word a license clause you believe
meets the requirements, THEN figure out how to word GPLv3 to be
compatible with it.  The extra layer of indirection is confusing.

<quote who="Josh Triplett" date="Wed, Feb 08, 2006 at 12:34:27AM -0800">
The extra layer may be slightly confusing, but there's a good reason to
attempting to frame a "compatibility clause" in this manner.  If we
phrase a particular clause, that won't necessarily help us judge another
such clause.