Re: Adobe open source license -- is this licence free?

On 1/27/06, Glenn Maynard <glenn@zewt.org> wrote:
> There are non-malicious reasons for releasing software under completely
> proprietary licenses.  Good intentions don't make a restriction more free.

Nor do bad intentions make a restriction non-free.

What makes a restriction non-free is that it prevents some free
use of the software.

"Adobe might go nuts and harrass people" is independent of
any license provision.  There's also little or no evidence that
changing this jurisdiction clause would make the software
any more free, even if we hypothesize that someone crazy at
Adobe is going to start harassing users of this software using
specious court actions, starting next week.

--
Raul