Re: GPL v3 Draft

On 17 Jan 2006 10:25:44 -0500, Michael Poole <mdpoole@troilus.org> wrote:
> Alexander Terekhov writes:
>
> > Yeah. So legal mandates like, for example,
> >
> > http://www.courts.state.va.us/text/scv/amendments/rule_71_75_SC.html
> >
> > ----
> > When the communication is in writing, the disclaimer shall be in bold
> > type face and uppercase letters in a font size that is at least as large
> > as the largest text used
> > ----
>
> You fail at reading comprehension.  Try reading the rest of rule 7.2.

I didn't say that 7.2 applies to warranty disclaimers. But according to
Diane Cabell (http://www.mama-tech.com/ I suppose)...

http://www.boost.org/more/license_info.html#FAQ

----
Why is the "disclaimer" paragraph of the license entirely in uppercase?

Capitalization of these particular provisions is a US legal mandate for
consumer protection. (Diane Cabell)
----

I didn't bother to google it, knowing about something similar.

Comprehendo now?

regards,
alexander.