Re: GPL v3 Draft

On 1/17/06, Don Armstrong <don@debian.org> wrote:
[...]
> Eben had a really humorous explanation, which I will attempt to
> paraphrase from my (impressively imperfect) memory:
>
>    No lawyer knows exactly why we have been shouting at eachother for
>    the past 50(?) years; but since everyone is shouting, everyone
>    thought there must be some reason. I've decided to take take the
>    initiative and return to mixed case, ending the endless shouting
>    match.

Yeah. So legal mandates like, for example,

http://www.courts.state.va.us/text/scv/amendments/rule_71_75_SC.html

----
When the communication is in writing, the disclaimer shall be in bold
type face and uppercase letters in a font size that is at least as large
as the largest text used
----

mean nothing for Moglen. I'm not surprised. Moglen is a blatant
violator of rules like

----
A lawyer shall not, on behalf of the lawyer or any other lawyer affiliated
with the lawyer or the firm, use or participate in the use of any form of
public communication if such communication contains a false,
fraudulent, misleading, or deceptive statement or claim.
----

to begin with.

regards,
alexander.