Re: Re: GPL v3 Draft

* Joe Buck <Joe.Buck@synopsys.com> [060117 02:30]:
> From: "Bernhard R. Link" <blink@informatik.uni-freiburg.de>
> > Where did the "unless that component itself accompanies the
> > executable" go? Is it somewhere else?
>
> It has been eliminated, intentionally.  The rationale is to make
> things like Debian GNU/Solaris legal (currently a distribution
> can't contain both the Solaris C library and GPL binaries linked
> against the library, because of the clause you mention and the
> fact that Solaris' license is GPL-incompatible.

But it lists no conditions that that stuff is in any way free.
When I do not misread it, it would even Microsoft to take any
GPLv3 program, extend it, build an API around the extensions
and distribute it together with their Operating system, only
having to give the source without any of their extensions.

Hochachtungsvoll,
  Bernhard R. Link