Re: Distributing GPL software.

On 1/11/06, Alexander Terekhov <alexander.terekhov@gmail.com> wrote:
> Oh, that's close (hint: googly-googly covenant). But according
> to the FSF, the GPL is not a contract.

I think you've misunderstood "the GPL is not a contract" as meaning
that there are no obligations associated with re-distributing GPL
licensed programs.

That certainly seems to be the essence of your argument.

That certainly does not seem to be the intent of the statement.

Given that the primary value of such statements is in determining
intent, I'm not sure why you think your argument gains any
validity from that statement.

--
Raul