Re: Trolltech GPL violation?

Andrew Suffield <asuffield@debian.org> wrote:
> On Tue, Jan 03, 2006 at 10:19:52AM +0100, Marco d'Itri wrote:
>> asuffield@debian.org wrote:
>> >Unfortunately the QPL is not a free license (although the
>> Fortunately, most people disagree.
>
>   The lurkers support me in email

While I won't actually try to use this as an argument of fact, the
majority of people I've spoken to about this don't feel happy about
declaring the QPL non-free. It's also worth noting that historically
we've tended to agree with the FSF over whether a software license is
free or not. The fact that this has started to change recently suggests
that somebody's opinion is changing.

(The fact that the FSF declared the QPL a free software license really
quite a long time ago may offer some insight into who's changing here)
--
Matthew Garrett | mjg59-chiark.mail.debian.legal@srcf.ucam.org