Re: Rules for submitting licenses for review

On Mon, Aug 22, 2005 at 06:09:36PM +0100, Ricardo Gladwell wrote:

1) they consider the OGL to be similar to "how Linux is licensed".
I think this is a dubious claim
I think is speaks more to a light understanding of how Linux is licenced and the OGL structured than anything else. If your understanding of free is focused on whether or not there is a requirement for a cash transaction then the stated belief makes sense. In my experience, when free/open licencing is considered outside our community that is the depth of understanding at the table.

Dave