Re: Rules for submitting licenses for review

On 22/08/05, Sean Kellogg <skellogg@u.washington.edu> wrote:
> Funny story about the Open Game License!!!  This summer I intered for Wizards
> of the Coast in their legal department.

Your kudos just went up in the gamer community. In some circles,
people would happily give up their right arms to inter at Wizard's of
the Coast just cleaning the toilets. :-)

> 1) they consider the OGL to be similar to "how Linux is licensed".

I think this is a dubious claim: Wizard's claim there are several
restrictions for using "open" content in software, most notably that
open content cannot be compiled into binaries.

> 2) no one at Legal has really looked at the OGL for some time.

That is interesting.

Kind regards...

--
Ricardo Gladwell <ricardo.gladwell@gmail.com>