Re: quake2 and german youth protection law

* Florian Weimer <fw@deneb.enyo.de> [14/06/05, 19:20:30]:
> * Kai Blin:
>
> > * Florian Weimer <fw@deneb.enyo.de> [14/06/05, 13:57:02]:
> >
> >> But this doesn't matter at all.  Our guardians became frustrated with
> >> the necessity to index both the German translation and the original,
> >> so they installed a mandatory rating system for computer games
> >> (similar to movies in Germany and other countries).  The main problem
> >> isn't that quake2 is a violent game, but that it's a game.  "M-x
> >> tetris RET" has the same problem.
> >
> > No, it doesn't. The "or similar games" goes both ways.
>
> Are you sure?  Is this some kind of regulations adopted by the Länder?
> Approval by analogy is not part of JuschG.

Pretty sure. I don't have my old paperwork at hand. It might have been
on the USK website.

Cheers,
Kai

--
Kai Blin aka. nowhere (blin<at>gmx.net), WorldForge Project
Web: http://www.worldforge.org/

Academic politics is the most vicious and bitter form of politics,
because the stakes are so low.
		-- Wallace Sayre