Re: quake2 and german youth protection law

* Måns Rullgård:

> I was of the impression that Quake 2 had been placed on an official
> list of restricted publications, and that this was the primary cause
> of concern.

Does Debian distribute the data files?  The engine itself is not on
the German Index Librorum Prohibitorum.

But this doesn't matter at all.  Our guardians became frustrated with
the necessity to index both the German translation and the original,
so they installed a mandatory rating system for computer games
(similar to movies in Germany and other countries).  The main problem
isn't that quake2 is a violent game, but that it's a game.  "M-x
tetris RET" has the same problem.