Re: RES: Where to put Open Transport Tycoon (openttd)

"Michael K. Edwards" <m.k.edwards@gmail.com> wrote:
> On 5/19/05, Raul Miller <moth.debian@gmail.com> wrote:
> > [Also, I continue to be annoyed by your personal attacks, but
> > I refuse to believe that personal attacks have any redeeming
> > value.]
>
> I acknowledge that the level of acrimony in some of my messages (not
> particularly in the one to which this is a response) has been on the
> high side.  I will probably end up, in the long run, wishing that I
> had kept my temper systematically under better rein.

Can you please do so now?  There have already been multiple complaints
about your behavior, and yet you persist in personal attacks.

Here is a suggestion.  Before you send any reply, wait a full day.  In
that interval, you might cool down a bit.  You might also find time to
shorten your posts.

> But if you can't see that your credibility is at risk here -- in a
> way that it is not in the GPL debate alone -- after the comments
> that numerous third parties have made along the way, then it would
> be a kindness on my part to succeed in apprising you of that fact.

I have been contributing to debian-legal for quite some time, and I
can't say that Raul's credibility is going anywhere.  Yours, on the
other hand, is not doing so well.  You make some good arguments, but
shoot yourself in the foot with your incessant personal attacks.  I
would be wary of going to you for advice, since you obviously have
problems controlling your temper.

Regards,
Walter Landry
wlandry@ucsd.edu