Re: RES: Where to put Open Transport Tycoon (openttd)

On 5/19/05, Michael K. Edwards <m.k.edwards@gmail.com> wrote:
> > I suppose it's also true that they don't have a copyright on the
> > functionality represented by this game, but functionality wasn't
> > copyrightable in the first place.
>
> "Mise en scene", my friend, "mise en scene".

We're not talking about changes to the Transport Tycoon Deluxe
equivalent of MAP files.

We're talking about something more like the Lewis Galoob Toys, Inc.
v. Nintendo of Am., Inc. case.

We're not talking a sequel here, we're talking about ephemeral
changes in appearance.

OpenTTD is not distributing art which merges with the original
copyrighted work.  Microstar was distributing arg with merged
with the original copyrighted work.

[Also, I continue to be annoyed by your personal attacks, but
I refuse to believe that personal attacks have any redeeming
value.]

--
Raul