Re: [WASTE-dev-public] Do not package WASTE! UNAUTHORIZED SOFTWARE [Was: Re: Questions about waste licence and code.]

Jacobo Tarrio wrote:
> O M?rcores, 18 de Maio de 2005 ?s 21:46:48 -0400, Roberto C. Sanchez escrib?a:
> > That is completely not possible.  Once you offer (and someone accepts)
> > code under the terms of the GPL, they are for evermore entitled to use
> > *that* code under the GPL.  About the only thing that can be done is
>
>  Assuming that EU laws aren't involved, which allow the author to take all
> copies of their work out of circulation (but the laws, or at least Spanish
> law, also say that the author must pay damages, and if they decide to return
> the work to the "market", it must be under "reasonably similar" conditions).

That's an aspect of EU copyright law I'm not aware of. Can you
tell me which Berne provision or EU directive this is?

Moral rights only allow you to act against mutilation of
the work and lack of proper attribution. And you have the right
to decide on _first_ publication. But once you publish, the
work is on the market and your rights are exhausted. I don't see
a basis for doing a recall.

Arnoud

--
Arnoud Engelfriet, Dutch patent attorney - Speaking only for myself