Re: mozilla thunderbird trademark restrictions / still dfsg free?

On Mon, Jan 10, 2005 at 08:26:50PM -0500, Brian Thomas Sniffen wrote:
> The DFSG has a specific permission for authors to require name
> changes.  That's all Mozilla is doing here: requiring a change of name
> for their software.

Gervase Markham has claimed[1] that command names must also be changed.
That's well beyond DFSG#4, since it impacts compatibility.

(It's also beyond trademark law entirely, to my understanding.  I
pointed that out, but got no response.)

[1] Message-ID: <[🔎] 41DB2EC3.6020406@mozilla.org>

--
Glenn Maynard