Re: Trademarks: what is the line?

Francesco Poli wrote:
Yes, but is requiring a global replacing of trademarked strings and
images acceptable?

I mean: it seems that Mozilla is requiring us

* either to comply with strict modification constraints

Not so strict, really. Certainly not to the level of preventing security patches. Exactly how it would work would be something we'd negotiate.

* or to replace every and each trademarked reference to the work with
something else

Which isn't too hard, given that we have centralised branding files.

The Mozilla trademark license seems to be rather harmless
at that because they give permission to retain the command names.

Judging from the followups to your message, it seems that this is not
the case...  :-(

Indeed. If you renamed the product, you'd need to change the command and package names also.

Gerv