Re: mozilla thunderbird trademark restrictions / still dfsg free?

Gervase Markham <gerv@mozilla.org> wrote:
> MJ Ray wrote:
> > Are you sure? The graphics seem to have the words "Firefox" in them,
> > which doesn't seem a permitted use of the trademark to me.
> The default build removes the trademarked logos (the fox-on-globe or the
> bird-on-envelope) but not the trademarked words.

Just to be clear: are you saying that the logo graphic with a blue
world (no fox) and the word "Firefox" is OK to use for any purpose?

> mozilla/dist is the built version of Mozilla.
> mozilla/other-licenses/branding shouldn't be pulled or built unless
> you've set MOZ_USE_OFFICIAL_BRANDING: [...]

mozilla/other-licenses/branding is in the source tarball. I've
no compelling reason to track mozilla CVS, as far as I know.

If mozilla/dist/.../branding is the built version, where is it built from?

> > Amusingly, the "About FireWWW" box says it is copyright
> > contributors, but pressing the credits button displays a box
> > empty apart from "FireWWW \n The browser, reloaded". [...]
> If you wait, it scrolls - or it should do. There are also more
> contributors at about:credits.

Oh yes, so it does. The mozilla compile must have been slowing
that machine down a bit...