Re: Clarification regarding PHP License and DFSG status

Glenn Maynard <glenn@zewt.org> writes:

> On Fri, Nov 25, 2005 at 09:22:24PM +0000, Måns Rullgård wrote:
>> Statements like this one would seem to have something to do with it:
>> http://www.gnu.org/licenses/gpl-faq.html#IfInterpreterIsGPL
>
> Odd statements, indeed.  It's curious that the FSF would take
> positions that seem to seek to expand the power of copyright, and
> it's not the first time I've had this impression.

They will gladly make any claim, however preposterous, as long as it
suits their agenda.  Their agenda, if anyone missed it, is to make
everyone use the GPL for various political/philosophical reasons.
When people cannot be persuaded to use it, the FSF will tell them
lies, in order to make them believe that they have no other choice.

--
Måns Rullgård
mru@inprovide.com