Re: Clarification regarding PHP License and DFSG status
- To: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Subject: Re: Clarification regarding PHP License and DFSG status
- From: Florian Weimer <email@example.com>
- Date: Wed, 23 Nov 2005 15:08:24 +0100
- Message-id: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- In-reply-to: <E1EeuoA-0007rTemail@example.com> (MJ Ray's message of "Wed, 23 Nov 2005 13:37:10 +0000")
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org> <1132742695.864872.11130.nullmailer@me> <email@example.com> <E1EeuoA-0007rTfirstname.lastname@example.org>
* MJ Ray:
> Do you think that this licence does not require a developer
> of a modified package (other than PHP) to lie by saying
> "This product includes PHP software"?
Perhaps the PHP folks subscribe to the view that PHP scripts are
derivative works of PHP. Then it wouldn't be lying, would it?