Re: Dissident test (was re: CDDL)

Sven Luther <sven.luther@wanadoo.fr> wrote:
> On Wed, Sep 14, 2005 at 12:08:33PM +0100, MJ Ray wrote:
> > So a licence that doesn't discriminate against non-US, but forbids
> > changes made with non-US keyboards from being distributed would be
> > fine by you? (There's probably a better example.)
>
> This is word play, if you want to forbid anonymous distribution, then say so
> explicitly in the DFSG and submit an amendment to that effect.

I don't want to forbid anonymous distribution. I thought that was your
position, that forbidding it does not cause problems meeting the DFSG.

> > That depends what "identifies You" means in CDDL 3.3. Do you
> > know whether pseudonymously edited versions of star would be
> > tolerated by Joerg Schilling, for example?
>
> Well, he can hardly sue you if you are anonymous, now can he ? And all the
> rest is moot anyway, since you cannot force him to takeover his code.

No, but the holder might be able to stop anyone else distributing
pseudonymous edits, especially if they remove some large adverts...

> And if the change is noted as havign been written by chen zan or whatever,
> without email address, how do you know it is a pseudonym or not ?

Exactly. That clause in CDDL is a big lawyerbomb. :-(

--
MJR/slef