Re: Dissident test (was re: CDDL)

Marco d'Itri <md@Linux.IT> wrote:
> graue@oceanbase.org wrote:
> >The Dissident test is a test for DFSG #5, so it does matter. See:
> No, it is not.
> The "dissident test" is something which a few debian-legal@ contributors
> invented, but which has no grounds in the DFSG.

It originated in
http://lists.debian.org/debian-legal/2002/08/msg00282.html as a
rationale for not accepting forced submission or identification.
It seems grounded in the DFSGs "1. Free redistribution" and
"5. No discrimination against persons or groups".

I can understand why Sun would not accept anonymous contributions
into their codebase, but I think it's over-zealous to forbid
everyone from using such changes.

Regarding <[🔎] dg4sqm$3v4$1@wonderland.linux.it> or
http://lists.debian.org/debian-legal/2005/09/msg00254.html ,
Nothing in the dissident test seems to impact the GPL. You must
note changes, but don't need to identify yourself.

--
MJR/slef