Re: Is this license DFSG free?

Marco d'Itri <md@Linux.IT> wrote:
> unknown_kev_cat@hotmail.com wrote:
> >The choice-of-venue makes it *non-free*.
> There is no consensus about this, many people have no complaints about
> choice of venue.

..and there I was thinking that we needed consensus to say that
something is free, too.

I consider both choice of venue and forced upstream contribution
as non-free, because venue discriminates against people not allowed
to that venue and contribution takes my work (which has value) as
payment.

> >UNFREE: fails Desert Island test.
> This is not relevant, because this test is not based on the DFSG so it
> cannot make a license to be non-free.

Have you actually researched the origins of the test yet?

--
MJR/slef