Re: Bittorrent licensing, take 2 [MPL and Jabber inside]

Hamish Moffatt <hamish@debian.org> wrote:
> On Thu, Mar 31, 2005 at 12:35:03PM +0000, MJ Ray wrote:
> > Yes, that would suck. The fault would be a mix of MPL's drafters
> > including conditions that they could have known debian didn't
> > support yet and our confusion about the mozilla licence soup.
> Why would you expect the MPL's drafters to cater specifically to the
> behaviour of our archive software?

debian's archive software is a pretty obvious distribution
system and I think some of those involved in developing the
MPL knew that. Of course, the MPL's drafters might not care
how easy it is for people like us to distribute MPL'd code,
or value a reason to include this clause more highly.

Any road up, I think they'd've contributed to the problem and
I can't see why anyone would dispute that. I don't claim that
they care or not. ;-) I don't know, not having been there.

--
MJR/slef