Re: CC-BY : "clarification letter" ?

Daniel Carrera <dcarrera@math.umd.edu> wrote:
> Come on Ray, you know that's now what I've been saying. Back to the post
> that started this thread. I want to add a "clarification" letter to fix
> the problem you just mentioned. Would you like to help me write one? I
> posted a proposal on this thread. How would you modify it?

I'm not sure saying "In addition to the licence, I grant
perpetual permission to use my name in the work except in
copyright or authorship statements" in a letter is sufficient. It
may even contradict the licence enough to make it unsafe,
for all I can tell. CC-BY is a wordy licence, so fundamental
changes should be checked with a lawyer, in my opinion.

--
MJR/slef
Subscribed to this list. No need to Cc, thanks.