Re: CC-BY : "clarification letter" ?

Daniel Carrera <dcarrera@math.umd.edu> wrote:
> As for dual licensing, the CC-BY really is my favourite license for
> written text. I don't want to use a software license for non-software.

Well, if you want to do something inherently non-free, like prevent
honest mention of your name outside authorship attribution, then you
probably need to make it non-free with something like I understand
the current CC-BY to be.

I think most software licences which are more than just program
licences should be fine for written text (which is all code is,
in a way).  We can't rely forever on distinguishing bitstreams
by type and applying different rules.

--
MJR/slef
Subscribed to this list. No need to Cc, thanks.