Re: CC-BY : "clarification letter" ?

Daniel Carrera <dcarrera@math.umd.edu> wrote:
> But those cases are covered by Fair Use rights. You are always allowed to
> say "Jeremy said ..." :) or to put someone's work (and name) on a
> bibliography, or a footnote. Those are all "fair use".

Under English law, I'm only allowed to say "Daniel wrote ... "
and include a chunk of copyrighted material within limited
parameters called "fair dealing". I don't think they're as
extensive as the "fair use" which you're claiming saves me
from the worst excesses of the author-name-purge clause.

Please, dual license if you have to use one of those other
licences in order to meet some rule of the OOo project. You
may find it's easier to get OOo to add a licence option than
to persuade CC to make any licence fit with DFSG.

--
MJR/slef
Subscribed to this list. No need to Cc, thanks.