Re: CC-BY : "clarification letter" ?

Daniel Carrera <dcarrera@math.umd.edu> wrote:
> MJ Ray wrote:
> > Under English law, I'm only allowed to say "Daniel wrote ... "
> > and include a chunk of copyrighted material within limited
> > parameters called "fair dealing".
> How do you deal with bibliographies? What about saying "Ray doesn't like
> Lessig"? There *has* to be room for more than just "Ray wrote...".

As long as only what's required is copied (a rule of thumb is
10%, but I'm not sure why - maybe case law?), we have "fair
dealing" for the purposes of criticism or review.

I thought the example given was a biography with contributions
from the subject licensed under CC? Other examples may exist,
although that one has been sufficient so far.