Re: Eclipse 3.0 Running ILLEGALY on Kaffe

Raul Miller <moth@debian.org> writes:

> As it is, I see no difference -- in the context of the GPL or in
> the context of Copyright law -- between Eclipse + Kaffe and any
> other combination of content with a program designed to process
> that kind of content.
>
> I see only functional differences between Eclipse+Kaffe and
>
>    ghostscript + postscript document

That's a good example.  A postscript document is in fact a program
written in the PostScript language.  It is interpreted by ghostscript
(or another viewer).  This still doesn't make the document a
derivative of the viewer.

--
Måns Rullgård
mru@inprovide.com