Re: Eclipse 3.0 Running ILLEGALY on Kaffe

On Sat, 2005-15-01 at 09:13 +0100, Michael Koch wrote:
> Am Samstag, 15. Januar 2005 05:12 schrieb Brian Thomas Sniffen:
>
> > Not quite true.  It also incorporates the GNU Classpath libraries
> > which are distributed with / part of Kaffe.  There clearly are
> > bindings provided there.  The GNU Classpath package is GPL'd,
> > right?
>
> GNU classpath is GPL+linking exception which allows it to link with
> code that is licensed with GPL non-compatible licenses.

True, but many of the very core classes of Kaffe's java library are
purely GPLed, so the lowest common denominator of the license of whole
class library of Kaffe is pure GPL.

				GBP

PS: I dropped the debian-java, as somebody on the ML requested.
Please make sure you Cc: all intrested parties and debian-legal.

--
Grzegorz B. Prokopski           <gadek@sablevm.org>
SableVM - Free, LGPL'ed Java VM  http://sablevm.org