Re: The draft Position statement on the GFDL

On Wed, May 12, 2004 at 11:09:01AM -0700, Josh Triplett wrote:
> None of those solve the problem of making the license Free.

Correct -- at the other end of this thread were some criticisms I had
made on the factual accuracy of a document discussing GFDL issues.

> > That said, is this statement one that's in use on any books provided
> > by the FSF?  I'd be much happier discussing this statement if I could
> > read it.

Josh Triplett quotes:
> > Copies published by the Free Software Foundation raise funds for GNU
> > development.

Ah, thank you.

Since this statement is conditional (it talks about the disposition of
funds for the case where copies are sold by the FSF), I think it's pretty
clear that it's accurate even before any copies have been sold by anyone.

This means much of my previous commentary in this thread was rather
pointless.

--
Raul