Re: The draft Position statement on the GFDL

On Wed, May 12, 2004 at 03:25:16AM +0100, Henning Makholm wrote:
> No. If I create any variation of the context, then the statement
> immediately stops being true when placed in the variated context.

Except that you can easily create varied contexts where the
statement is true.

> > Here's another example of how this sentence that bothers you so much
> > can be made to be true: send the FSF $1 dollar for their permission to
> > print the book.
>
> No. That would have nothing to do with the factual correctness of the
> claim that the FSF publishes copies.

That also has several solutions -- become a part of the FSF, or provide
a disclaimer describing the issue.

That said, is this statement one that's in use on any books provided
by the FSF?  I'd be much happier discussing this statement if I could
read it.

> There is no (legal) way for me to force the FSF to publish copies of
> my manual - therefore there is no way for me to make the statement
> that they do true.

What does force have to do with anything?

---
Raul