Re: The draft Position statement on the GFDL

Scripsit Raul Miller <moth@debian.org>

> > Yes. That is exactly the point. The license requires me to repeat the
> > statement in a context where it is not true.

> And that context is your responsibility.  And you can easily create a
> slight variation on the context which doesn't have this quality.

No. If I create any variation of the context, then the statement
immediately stops being true when placed in the variated context.

> That's not my claim.  You can provide some additional context indicating
> the temporal nature of the claim and your beliefs about the
> situation.

As I said: Telling that the lie is a lie does not prevent if from
being a lie in the first place.

> Here's another example of how this sentence that bothers you so much
> can be made to be true: send the FSF $1 dollar for their permission to
> print the book.

No. That would have nothing to do with the factual correctness of the
claim that the FSF publishes copies.

There is no (legal) way for me to force the FSF to publish copies of
my manual - therefore there is no way for me to make the statement
that they do true.

--
Henning Makholm  "Det er jo svært at vide noget når man ikke ved det, ikke?"