Re: The draft Position statement on the GFDL

Scripsit Raul Miller <moth@debian.org>
> On Tue, May 11, 2004 at 02:56:18PM +0100, Henning Makholm wrote:

> > The point of the sentence is that the GDFL as applied to the GNU
> > manual requires me to make a factually incorrect claim. I agree that
> > it is tangential what this claim is precisely, but I had to spell it
> > out because you seemed to claim that the cover texts would not become
> > factually incorrect.

> I fail to see the required factual inaccuracy.

Then I repeat: It is factually inaccurate that the FSF makes money
from selling hardcopies of the derivate we are speaking about.

> > That is irrelevant. I am not talking about combining the pre-existing
> > works of multiple authors. I am talking about deriving a BSD manual
> > from a GNU one.

> In this case, "the gnu one" is a pre-existing work, and "a bsd manual"
> is a work combining the works of multiple authors.

Yes, but it is not a compillation of independent parts.

--
Henning Makholm        "Jeg køber intet af Sulla, og selv om uordenen griber
                    planmæssigt om sig, så er vi endnu ikke nået dertil hvor