Re: AbiWord, trademarks, and DFSG-freeness

On Fri, Oct 15, 2004 at 06:11:12PM +0200, Jacobo Tarrio wrote:
>  Oops, I have just thought of a case where it isn't so, at least in Spain.
> The Spanish trade mark law allows the owner of a trademark to prohibit its
> removal from a product.

If we are prohibited from removing the name abiword from some derivative
form of the program, then we must be allowed to have abiword on that
derivative form.

Alternatively, once we're not allowed to have abiword on the derivative
form, we can't be prohibited from removing the name.

--
Raul

P.S. you have permission to quote in other forums anything I've written
and sent to debian-private in the last year.