Re: AbiWord, trademarks, and DFSG-freeness

O Venres, 15 de Outubro de 2004 ás 17:50:29 +0200, Jacobo Tarrio escribía:

>  I think that trademarks are irrelevant to DFSG-freeness since if the

 Oops, I have just thought of a case where it isn't so, at least in Spain.
The Spanish trade mark law allows the owner of a trademark to prohibit its
removal from a product.

 I don't know what I would think of a piece of software with a name that
couldn't be changed. It would make forking impossible... so now I know.
Non-free.

 But it wouldn't be the case more often. More trade mark holders are more
eager to have you NOT use their mark than the inverse ;-)

 Some hypothetical Debian Free Trade Mark Guidelines (DFTMG) would have this
item: "the trade mark license must allow removing the mark from the work".

--
   Jacobo Tarrío     |     http://jacobo.tarrio.org/