Re: GFDL and Debian Logo

Edmund GRIMLEY EVANS wrote:

> Perhaps I'm being thick here, but what legal difference does the
> language make? Doesn't the German Wikipedia use the same licence as
> the English Wikipedia, and aren't they both accessible in Germany?

Hosting location and intended audience, I assume.

Being "accessible" from a country doesn't normally require that you obey
their laws, because that would cause no end of trouble and ridiculous
results; there have finally been a few court rulings confirming this.

Operating a project from a particular country, or operating it primarily for
people from a particular country, on the other hand, is more likely to
subject you to their laws.

--
This space intentionally left blank.