GFDL and Debian Logo

Sorry, I pasted the mail into the subject line by accident. Here is a
secondy try:

Hi,

there is a discussion in the German Wikipedia whether the Debian Open
Use Logo <http://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bild:Debian_logo.png> may be
subjected to the GFDL. The German Wikipedia does not accept any content
not licensed as public domain or GFDL (e. g. no "fair use" because this
is an American law only).

>> This logo or a modified version may be used by anyone to refer to the
>> Debian project, but does not indicate endorsement by the project

As far as I understand this sentence, the logo may not be used for other
things and is not "free" according to the GFDL. The "possible copyright
violation notice", however, was removed by the uploader today.

http://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bild_Diskussion:Debian_logo.png

(Although this page is in German, you may add English comments to it).

Hendrik